Oral and poster presentations are the backbone of the scientific program in the symposium.
In the MSB Symposium Series it is intended to have a forum for the discussion of fundamental and application-driven aspects of microscale separations and bioanalysis at an international venue that assembles the thought-leaders and emerging scientists from both the academic and industrial communities. Towards that end, the MSB 2021 Organizing Committee has embraced the following guidance of the MSB Series Strategic Program Committee (see also “Philosophy“):
- The philosophy of the MSB symposia aims at encouraging the presentation and discussion of new, hot, sometimes controversial, but mostly unpublished results.
- Oral presentations that are time wise split in 2/3 talk and 1/3 for discussion.
- Forum encourages vigorous scientific discussions between participants with the support of committed and engaged session chairs.
Therefore at MSB 2021 presentation time will be rigorously kept to adhere to the time split.
At MSB 2021 following type of presentations are offered
- Plenary lectures (by invitation only)
- Keynote lectures (by invitation or selected from submitted abstracts)
- Contributed oral presentations (selected in a double-blind process from submitted abstracts)
- Poster pitches / 3-min talks (selected from poster presentations)
- Poster presentations
- Science cafés (presentations by select sponsors)
The organization committee will define session topics along these tracks and eventually invite session chairs. Session topics can be proposed by others who will become a session chair but first requires symposium chair contact and an abstract describing the motivation for the topic of a session and suggest a keynote speaker.
The main motto regarding the MSB Symposium Series is: “Anyone submitting a scientifically strong abstract may be accepted for oral presentation at a MSB symposium“.